Skip to content

China launches pipeline safety probe following deadly blast

By Judy Hua and David Stanway
| www.cos-mag.com

BEIJING (Reuters) — China has launched a nationwide probe into the safety of its oil and gas pipelines following a deadly blast that killed 62 people in the eastern coastal city of Qingdao last month, the country's safety watchdog said on Dec. 6.

The investigation will focus on "hidden dangers" in the country's oil, gas and petrochemical sectors and will be completed by March of next year, the Chinese cabinet commission responsible for work safety said in a notice posted on its website (www.chinasafety.gov.cn).

The explosion at the Dongying-Huangdao II pipeline owned by top Asian refiner China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (Sinopec) in Qingdao is believed to have been caused by oil leaking into city drainage facilities, according to a preliminary investigation.

Videos You May Like

Weatherford Canada Partnership - Culture Award 2015

Weatherford Canada Partnership - Culture Award 2015

Weatherford Canada Partnership is a silver winner for Canada''s Best Health + Safety Culture award for the 2015 Canada''s Safest Employers awards.
Techmation Electric & Controls - Culture Award Silver Winner

Techmation Electric & Controls - Culture Award Silver Winner

Techmation Electric & Controls is the silver winner of Canada''s Best Health + Safety Culture award for the 2015 Canada''s Safest Employers awards.

Add Comment