Valeant Pharmaceuticals took home the highest honour from the Workers’ Compensation Board of Manitoba for its efforts during North American Occupational Safety and Health (NAOSH) Week.
The annual NAOSH Awards were awarded to seven deserving companies Sept. 30 in recognition of their exemplary safety and prevention efforts during NAOSH Week.
This year's winners are:
• Valeant Pharmaceuticals — Best Overall
• Nickel Electric — Most Innovative
• Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries — Best Representation of a Theme
• Maple Leaf Consumer Foods Brandon — Best New Entry
• Black Cat Blades — Small Employer
• Extendicare Tuxedo Villa — Industry Leader
• Pollard Banknote — Honourable Mention ?
"Promoting workplace safety and changing the way people think about safety is a challenge that is being met by many Manitoba workplaces," said Jeff Bencharski, co-chair, Manitoba NAOSH Week 2013. "Everyone has a part to play in keeping their workplace safe."
Sponsored by the Canadian Society of Safety Engineering (CSSE), NAOSH Week focuses on the importance of preventing injury and illness in the workplace. It was held May 5 to 11, with the theme of "Safety and Health: A Commitment for Life! Are You as Safe as You Think?"
"The WCB is a strong supporter of NAOSH week as it helps build a culture of safety and health at work, home and play," said WCB president and CEO Winston Maharaj. "The NAOSH awards allow us to showcase and congratulate Manitoba workplaces that have developed safety activities and prevention awareness programs in the workplace."